24 June, 2008

American idol

Ok so I'm thinking about auditioning for American idol.... I'm not one of those people that thinks they can sing, and really can't. I Can sing, and very well I might add. But my problem is. I rarely sing in front of random people I don't know. I LOVE to do kareoke when I've had atleast one drink to calm my nerves... My question is, how do I get over this stage fright? With out a shot of vodka or tequilla? When my grandma lived with me, I would always sing to her and she would cry and say what a beautiful voice I have, she always wanted me to sing at family functions. And I actually did sing at my sister's wedding (when I was 11) but everyone said I did great. I guess I just need some ideas on how to get over this so I can aduition and see what happens? So any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

3 comments:

Denise H. said...

Tanni I didn't know that you sing!!!! You definitely need to try out for American Idol and you had better.

I think maybe keep doing your Kareoke thing for a while and try to sing as often as possible doing it that way. With or without the Vodka LOL! Then after you are completely comfortable singing in that environment move it up to auditioning for local theatres, plays, talent shows and so on... Just sing everywhere possible to get you over the stage freight. Because who know... You could be the next American Idol and I would for sure buy your CD.

That is one talent that I wish that I would have been blessed with. I have a HORRIBLE SINGING VOICE! But, I still sing in my car.

Teryn said...

Hey Tanni! I didn't know you could sing either?! I pretend like I can, but I know that I can't... haha..

Was it Troy's wedding you sang at? I vaguely remember that, I was only 12, haha.

Anyway, you go girl, I'll totally vote for you in the top 12!

Anonymous said...

Rockin…now helm can comment here…thanks for opening it up for the short bus commenter such as myself. I think you should try valium…I think that’s what it’s made for…

welcome to my blog!

me,and my crazy life!

Blog Archive